We use your personal information in order to fulfil our commitment to providing an unparalleled guest service experience in connection with all of your interactions with Hyatt (the “Purpose”). As part of that undertaking, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the personal information that we gather.
2. The Application of this Policy
This Policy applies to personal information regarding guests and the other individuals with whom we do business or who visit us and to the use of that personal information in any form – whether oral, electronic or written.
This Policy gives effect to our commitment to protect your personal information and has been adopted by all of the separate and distinct legal entities that manage, operate, franchise, license, own and/or provide services to the various Hyatt hotels and resorts (including those branded “Hyatt®”, “Hyatt Regency®”, “Park Hyatt®”, “Grand Hyatt®”, “Andaz®”, “Hyatt Centric®”, “Hyatt Place®”, “Hyatt House”, “Hyatt Ziva” or “Hyatt Zilara”) or “Hyatt Residence Club®” properties around the world (“Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®”). Those entities include Hyatt Hotels Corporation and its direct and indirect subsidiaries, and all of the separate and distinct legal entities that own the individual Hyatt hotels and resorts and Hyatt Residence Club properties worldwide or provide services to you under a Hyatt brand. References to “Hyatt”, “we” and “our” throughout this Policy, depending upon the context, collectively refer to those separate and distinct legal entities.
While this Policy is intended to describe the broadest range of our personal information processing activities globally, those processing activities may be more limited in some jurisdictions based on the restrictions of their laws. For example, the laws of a particular country may limit the types of personal information we can collect or the manner in which we process that personal information. In those instances, we adjust our internal policies and/or practices to reflect the requirements of local law.
3Types of Personal Information We Collect
The term “personal information” in this Policy refers to information that does or is capable of identifying you as an individual. The types of personal information that we process (which may vary by jurisdiction based on applicable law) include:
• your name, gender, personal and work contact details, business title, date and place of birth, image, nationality, and passport and visa information;
• guest stay information, including the hotels where you have stayed, dates of arrival and departure, goods and services utilised, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room and vacation preferences), telephone numbers dialed and faxes, texts and telephone messages received;
• your credit card details, and your account details and credentials for the Hyatt frequent guest program and any frequent flyer or travel partner program;
• any information necessary to fulfil special requests (e.g. health conditions that require specific accommodation or services);
• information, feedback or content you provide regarding your marketing preferences, in surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or promotional offers, or to our websites or apps and those of third parties;
• information collected whilst at a Hyatt hotel or resort through the use of closed circuit television systems, internet systems (including wireless networks that collect data about your computer, smart or mobile device, or your location), card key and other security and technology systems;
• information collected whilst you access a Hyatt app or Hyatt website (we describe this in more detail in Sections 7 and 8 below);
• contact and other relevant details concerning the employees of corporate accounts and vendors and other individuals with whom we do business (e.g. travel agents or meeting and event planners);